Sunday, July 20, 2014

An Elegant Introduction

Welcome to the start of a great relationship between my family and yours. Allow me to introduce myself.  My name is Mary, and I am a New York City mom of two kids. I find myself constantly wanting to enjoy the things that made me happy before I was a mom, while making it palatable for a kid's sensibilities.  

Through trial and error, I have come up with some great strategies that have given my children an appreciation of food, art, culture, and travel. The best part is, anyone can embrace this lifestyle, no matter what your budget might be. 

All you need are some cooking supplies, a library card, some imagination, and most importantly, an appreciation of “The Finer Things.”

There are several topics that I would like to cover, and I am sure this list will grow as I remember all of the ways I have tried to incorporate the finer things into our routine – no matter how small. Additionally, we are always trying new things as my kids get older, their attention spans expand, and their ability to progress into more detailed activities and topics matures.

In addition to my lessons and tips, I will recommend various books, movies, products, and apps that have helped us along the way.

Thank you for joining me on this exciting journey, and I hope that together, we can raise young adults who have an appreciation (or at least knowledge of) The Finer Things.

Santé!

Copyright © 2014 Mary Ghicas, The Finer Things for Kids

1 comment:

  1. This is such a great concept, Mare. I can't wait to see what's to follow. Congratulations! x, Hailey

    ReplyDelete